Thursday, August 27, 2009

Well, Max is sleeping so I have a little time to update everyone. It has been a busy week. Max had his "feed and wrap" MRI last Thursday. He was a champ and slept through it!! He only moved a little but they were able to get the pictures without sedation :-) The neurologist emailed me and said the MRI didn't show any significant cord compression but that they had suggested other images...she was on vacation and was going to go and read it with the neuroradiologist this week and find out more... The wording no SIGNIFICANT cord compression bothers me... there either IS compression or there ISN'T!...I will try to get in touch with the neurologist today...

He also had a sleep study last Friday night...What luck that was. I called to schedule it and they gave me September 21st. That seemed like an eternity away so I asked if they had a cancellation list I could put our name on and he said yes. Then he said, "actually, we have an appointment tonight." It was 4:30pm and we needed to be there at 7:30pm and Eric was in Austin!! But, Max and I made it there and had the study done. I could not believe how many wires he was hooked up to! I would guess no less than 20! Poor little guy. He had such a hard time nursing because so many of the electrodes were on his head and face. I was so glad to be out of there in the morning. I brought him home and the kids, daddy and I gave him a nice warm bath to get all the goo off of him! They should have the results of the sleep study today. Hoping it was all ok!

We are going to Johns Hopkins this coming Tuesday to be seen by Genetics and Peds Neurosurgery and hopefully Peds Pulmonary. I am so looking forward to going and seeing doctors who deal with Achondroplasia all the time. I love my pediatrician but Max is his first achon patient. He has done tons of research though and I really appreciate that. I need reassurance from doctors that know what is normal for Max and what isn't. At least if they do find something to be so concerned about, there will be a game plan as to what we need to do next. We are taking his x-rays, MRI and sleep study results to be reviewed by the doctors there. Aiden and Emmi will stay home since Aiden has started FIRST GRADE already!!

I will keep you all posted on how things go next week. I hope to get time more frequently to update this blog...Max controls my time these days...he EATS nonstop!!! Oh, by the way, he weighed 10# 3 oz yesterday at his pediatrician visit!! What a chunk!! :-)

No comments: