Friday, January 22, 2010

So blessed...

So, Max and I are sitting here watching the Haiti Charity Concert and
it is absolutely heartbreaking. Seeing footage of the Haitian
children who were orphaned and the parents who lost their children and
hearing all the stories of loss... I am overcome with sadness for the
Haitian people. And yet, through every tragedy, a lesson can be
learned.

I look down at my darling sleeping baby Max, who I have been so
blessed to have been given and think about how wonderful it is to have
this beautiful baby boy to have and hold and love. I am not sad that
he is little, I celebrate his uniqueness and have such genuine
excitement to watch him grow and learn and teach us all about what is
truly important in life.

I look back on my initial sadness and, although it was mostly because
of my lack of information and experience with the diagnosis, wonder
WHY I spent even a minute of my life sad about it. It is such a minor
bump in the road of life! We have been so blessed with all of our
children and, although I thank God daily, this tragedy really makes me
so appreciate even more all the wonderful things we have been given.

Max is up now, cooing, grabbing his toys and rolling over and filling
me with such joy and love.

God bless all those mothers who lost their little bundles of joy last
week, and the children who are left orphaned by this.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful post! You are so right, we have so very much to be thankful for! I remember those first initial feelings of fear and sadness which quickly faded, and now I am just overwhelmed by happiness and excitement at the blessings I have in my life!

Unknown said...

Lovely post. We all have bundles of joy and it does bring me great sadness to see and hear about all the children gone as well. Most everyone I have spoken with that are parents of LP's had that initial sadness when their child was born...myself included but it quickly turned around and I love my Aidan more and more each day.I am very thankful for all that I have.

Kim said...

Everyone goes through that initial period because it is the fear of the unknown. You are not wuite sure you can handle it, or that you are up for the task, but then you look back (now four years later for me) and laugh that I was ever so worried-he's a miracle! Your Max is the cutest little guy. Congrats on moving up into the 0-3 months! (Saw that on Facebook)

Sarah Frey said...

What a handsome boy. I can't wait to get my hands on him in a few weeks!

Caden and Mommy said...

Michelle! you are so correct! our little ones are precious! and Max is as adorable as ever ... I love that toothless grin!