Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Casts coming off...

So, we have an official date for the casts to come off. We travel to Baltimore next Friday, January 11th to see Dr. Ain and have the casts taken off for good:-). (At the last visit Dr. Ain assured us they would come off at this visit...hoping for no sudden changes in that...). 9 more days!!! Yay!! I have been telling Max that I am so excited to get to see and squeeze (gently!) he little leggies!! And to let him soak in a bathtub full of bubbles. (This is badly needed!)

The first 4 weeks went pretty fast and weren't too bad to tolerate but for the last several weeks, especially with Christmas, I have really been looking forward to getting these buggers off! I can't wait until he is up and running around again. He has been so tolerant and hasn't complained at all and he has adjusted to the casts amazingly. :-)

It will be another quick trip, but not as early as the last one (we flew out of Cleveland at 6:30am the last time...). We fly in about noon, see Dr. Ain about 2p and fly out by 6p. He had told us he didn't want Max to bear weight on his legs for a week or 2 after the casts come off. I honestly don't think he will have the muscle strength to walk after being immobilized for 8 weeks, but once he decides to try, I'm not sure how we will keep him down. He has been very good about not putting weight on his casts at all or pulling up to a stand. He just keeps saying, "Dr. Ain says no!" Haha! So I guess we'll just tell him that until we are cleared to start walking. Yay! I'm so excited! I hope there are some nice straight legs under those casts:-)

No comments: