Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Aiden's First Holy Communion

Aiden made his First Communion this past Saturday.  It was a beautiful and sunny day and he looked SOOO handsome!  The mass at St. Gabe's was so nice and all the children looked so grown up!  The girls had on the most beautiful dresses.  Some of them were like mini wedding gowns, trains and all!  Aiden carried his great, great grandfather's pocket watch in  his pocket as well as my grandmother's rosary.  We had our family and friends back at our house after mass for some lunch.  It was a perfect day.  Here are some pictures.
My big handsome boy and me:-)
Daddy and Aiden
Aiden and Uncle Ray (his Godfather).  My good friend Lisa, Aiden's Godmother, couldn't make it to his Communion.  He son was also making his Communion this weekend and they had lots of people in from out of town.
Aiden and Father Fred.  
Aiden, Daddy and Papa Platz
The most handsome little boy ever...with blue eyes!!
(Max has brown eyes so I always say he is the most handsome little boy ever... 
with brown eyes!!)
Aiden is holding his great, great grandpa Platz's pocket watch.  He looks so proud!  Papa Platz also has his grandfather's first communion certificate.  It is dated1875 from Germany and it is still in remarkable shape!  It is such a neat peace of family history to have!
The Platz side of the family. 
Us with Grammy and Papa Platz.
Waiting to enter the church.
Before leaving for the church.
Love this picture!

I can't believe my little boy is old enough to have made his First Communion already!  I am so proud of him!!  He has always had a very special bond with Jesus that I know will just continue to grow as he grows up:-)
We love you Aiden!!!


3 comments:

Kim said...

He does look so handsome! How amazing to have held the pocket watch and roasry and for the 1875 certifcate to still be in great shape. That is amazing family history. What heirlooms! Beautiful family photos.

Greene Family said...

Congratulations on your First Holy Communion, Aiden! He does look so handsome in his suit! How special to carry his great, great grandpa's pocket watch and his great grandmother's rosary with him! I'm amazed that your family has his great, great grandpa's First Communion certificate and that it is in great shape! Looks like a beautiful and very special day! Love the pics!

Jenna said...

Hi Max!
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. U are an amazing brave courageous fighter, a warrior, smilen champ and an inspirational hero. I was born with a rare life threatening bone disease, that causes dwarfism. I am a little person too.
www.miraclechamp.webs.com